This is part of the 30 day writing challenge as set by @mytalesfromthecrib who you can find on Instagram …
1.I birthed both of my children naturally and didn’t die.
2.I have learnt over time to be my authentic self, even though this is not always appreciated. I say what I think and it’s not usually filtered but I have accepted myself for what I am and appreciate that I’m not everyone’s cup of tea which is now okay with me.
3.I am kind.
4.I am a huge supporter of women supporting women and am passionate about championing each other.
5.According to Husband I make a mean breakfast, and a great sarnie and he likes my dinners. He advised me to put these down as 3 separate items on this list. I’m not going to.
6.I was a keen horse rider in my teenage years, specifically dressage. I was quite good at it and competed at the highest level over the period of around 5 years with one of the highlights being when I represented Great Britain in a junior team against Ireland.
7.I am a good friend. I have many acquaintances and tend to get along with most people without any trouble but my close circle of proper friends is small. I can keep a secret, I’m a good listener and I’m a good cheerer upper.
8.I am capable of eating an entire family size birthday cake without vomiting.
9.Although I appreciate school is important, in my opinion it’s not the be all and end all. I’m not a pushy parent and would rather my children grew up to be good Humans with a good understanding of people and have a strong character than be academically gifted.
10.Storytelling to me is one of the most important things in life. There’s nothing like a good story. Sometimes this means living a life full of humiliation in order to have material. I have some great stories and people seem to like them and have previously referred to me as ‘Christopher Lilycrap’ … a made up name referring to the amount of crap I talk, which I love.
11.I’m good company on a night out
12.I’m proud to be Northern
13. Loyalty features very high up on the important list for me, therefore I am loyal to a fault.
14.Despite talking a lot about gross stuff I actually pump a minimal amount. Except when I’m asleep. According to Husband I pump and snore loudly the whole time I am in the land of nod.
15.I remember everyone’s birthdays from far and wide and am a genius on the Moonpig app.
16. I run our home and am in charge of everything except actually earning the money. Money shuffling, bills, holiday booking, child care giver, pet looker afterer, dog poo picker upper, cook, cleaner, washer, organiser, admin person, shopper, tech wizard (that’s a laugh but I’m better than Husband)
17.I was able to breastfeed both my babies
18.I sing a great ‘Good Morning song’ … the one I’ve always woken up my ankle biters with in the morning.
19. I’m very open to just about anything. I believe it’s good to believe in everything and not to judge.
20. I come up with helpful sayings like ‘’Get a tan, have a biscuit’’ because everyone knows that a spot of fake tan streamlines the body and therefore enables you to have a biscuit or 10, guilt free.
21.I have good eyebrows
22.I am able to laugh at myself and do so frequently.
23.I am excellent in most emergency situations. It’s sort of my super power, like the time I pulled into our driveway to find a gardener had fallen from the cherry picker he had been on whilst trimming trees. I found him on the ground impaled on a metal post. I called an ambulance and got him something to rest on so the post never slipped any further in. He would have died if I hadn’t found him.
24. I lived in a static caravan and then a garage for over 4 years with 2 small children and 2 large dogs whilst we built our own house.
25.I am strong and resilient, and am proud of what I have learnt on the journey to get here.
26.I am a step mum to 2 amazing young women who I have a great relationship with.
27.I managed to overcome my shyness and self consciousness I suffered during my childhood.
28.I rock a red lip.
29.I love my babies without measure and tell them a lot.
30.I appreciate what I have and practice gratitude everyday.